Sunday, June 28, 2015

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

After a long bus ride, we finally arrived in Myrtle Beach for the first leg of our trip; sand, sun, and team bonding.

IMG_1767   IMG_1775
IMG_3435
...mission trips provide a unique opportunity to share God's LOVE, but they are also an opportunity for each of us to grow in our relationships with each other and with our Heavenly Father.

While laying on the beach listening to the waves crashing around us was the perfect way to relax, and the sea food was certainly delicious, I think we would all agree that the best part of our time in Myrtle Beach was the time spent reflecting on His LOVE. 

On Friday night, we gathered on the beach and spent time taking in His creation, talking about the many reasons we decided to come on this trip, and singing praises. ...there is something about singing Oceans, while staring into the waves of the ocean that gave me chills. 


You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

The next morning we started our day in His word. ...it may just be me, but I always find it so much easier to listen to Him, when I'm intentional about spending time alone with Him. 

The morning was complete after a few quick rounds of butt charades and a windy game of wiffle ball. ...in case you are curious, Vince struck out three times.

The rest of the day was spent exploring and enjoying. I know a group of people walked to the pier while others went souvenir shopping. The lazy river provided lots of entertainment and I thoroughly enjoyed my lawn chair. 

...despite threatening weather, we were once again able to enjoy devotions on the beach and time with our prayer teams. 

We are so ready to share His LOVE in Lexington!!

IMG_1833.BEST

No comments:

Post a Comment